Things to bring
- Flight tickets
- Quick-dry clothing
- Short tights underwear for wet wading
- Flats Wading boots
- Waterproof/water-resistant wading bag / backpack able to carry drinking water
- Polarize sunglasses
- Seasick pills
- Bug repellent (in case of sand flies)
- Rain jacket
- Bath towel
Fly fishing gear
- Floating and intermediate tropical fly lines
- Stripping basket/tray
- Suitable leaders
- Hook sharpener
- Wire leader
*Optional: Some anglers are comfortable with two-handed switch/spey setups for distance and casting big flies
- Clouser minnow #4, #2 mainly white, chartreuse, olive.
- Crazy Charlies #4, #6, #8 olive, white/tan, olive and pink.
- Gotchas #6, #8 in tan, pink.
- Crab patterns #2 #4.
- Deceivers #1/0, 2/0
(Preorder flies are available for only USD5 each)
Other notes: Mostly flats fishing during our trips. Casting at the surf can yield GT and other pelagic but it can be hazardous so caution is advised. There will be times when in the motherboat, fish will show up such as in the evening/night and you can also attempt to cast at them (fast sinking line may com in handy). Some in the group with conventional gear will also be jigging and casting from the boat.